Sunday 25 August 2019

Flashback Challange

Flashback Challenge

 - August 25/08/2019 -




Ok...it's been a while & I'm just wanting to do a silly little self challenge.

Feel free to join in if you feel inspired to!
#FlashbackChallenge #FBC #MusicFlashBack #ChallengeYourself




So, I am challenging myself to listen through each and every CD i still own.... Which is a fair amount but not as much as to drive myself insane (LOL)
Now... The CD that's inspired me to do so, is one of my utter faves!!!!


________________________________________________________________

BLINK 182#Blink182


Blink-182 is the self-titled (or untitled as stated by Mark Hoppus) fifth studio album by American rock band of the same name, released on November 18, 2003 by Geffen Records(taken from -Wikipedia)




Ok.... so. 
If you know me well- You will know just how much i ADORE Blink 182.
Now, I have my reasons...mmk!??
Okay so, this is the album where they totally changed their sound!!! Which was huge after only a few hits in the pop charts (Thanks to American Pie too!)


But, i remember back when this album was announced to be released- and I literally BEGGING my mum to take me to the CD Store (#Sanity) so that i could place a 
PRE-ORDER!!
I had saved up all my spending money and any money left over from lunches at school, just to pay the $23.95 for it!!! (which was a lot of money for a kid with no job)
That moment i knew it was release day- Year 11 - and just itching to get out of school so mum would take me down there to get it, take it home, put it in my stereo and just experience it for the first time!?
Blasting it louder every time you turn it on straight after school.

I would disappear, crank my music and not appear except for snacks or toilet breaks.
I used to just LOVE zoning out to a single CD!!
Was very calming to me and helped me think about things.

So this is it!! I'm going to re-live my adolescence in a way that will be an experience for my mind but also a reminder of what I enjoyed back then!
So who's with me!?
If you are blogging about this, hashtag #FlashbackChallange #FBC
That's it for this idea!! See you around

(if anyone is reading this of course!)


・ .           .                 ✦
.                 .            .           .       .             ✦
✦       ・           .                 •      .     •
•    .             .               ✦
✦                 ✦


 Mistress Gemini
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment