Monday 6 June 2016

Dearest Cinderella...


For those of you who know me, you'll agree that I have a mild obsession with the story of Cinderella.

That being said, unless you live under a rock- You would know they released the new live action Cinderella movie in 2015... and needless to say, it was breathtaking!!!

Ohh, so magical!!!
And what's even better about this story, is this one line...."Have courage and be kind"

How beautiful is that!? *eyes tear up*
Needless to say, Disney really made a work of art this time around! I can say that confidentially as I am a big Disney fan (and hope one day to see Disneyland).

But why am I so attracted to this story?
As I child I had the animated version, she was fair and gentle- Kind and true.
Our new Cinderella echos that, but she also has her weakness shine through too. She over-comes her sadness for the loss of her family and the mis-treatment from her step family, never wavering though from her inner happiness <3

I think I identify with her strength and weakness on a deeper level.
I also connect on a more mental level with her, as she believes there is goodness in everyone. I too do believe that, but the variance of goodness wavers from person to person.

Ella is a beautiful soul, trapped in a series of unfortunate events. But she stays strong through the worse of everything, to which she comes out in the end with all her dreams coming true.
Now I understand life doesn't always echo this, but I do understand that karma is a bitch!

My only complaint would be the fairy god mother, portrayed by the ever amazing Helena Bonham Carter.

I just did not believe her act! She was too ditzy! I wanted the fairy god mother to echo the more motherly/grandmotherly sense that the cartoon version did... plus- who could forget Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo!


<3 Ohhh the childhood memories are just amazing, dancing around singing that at the top of my lungs!!!

I did how ever find the amazing book series 'Ella Enchanted' by Gail Carson Levine. Oh god how that book opened my eyes to the same story line as Cinder <3 I do highly recommend you check that one out, as the movie they did of it in NO WAY did the story ANY justice!!!
Lucinda was so much more than this ditz of a fairy- her father was a more darker man and then there was dear sweet Mandy <3

I am not one to shy away from stories made for children/teenagers (although i did read this as a teenager...multiple times), It truly is a wondrous adventure!! Then of course make sure you indulge your visual senses with this new rendition of Cinderella, to which in my own personal opinion- Will enthrall even the magically challenged individuals in your life! <3

#Cinderella #DreamsDoComeTrue #HaveCourageAndBeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment